WHALE Arts – Facilities Consultant
14 hours per week
WHALE Arts is seeking an experienced facilities maintenance professional to provide intensive support over a 3 month period. WHALE Arts is entering an exciting phase in its development and we wish to ensure that our, purpose built, creative community asset is maintained and developed to meet current and future requirements.
This role is fixed term for 13 weeks.
Main Activities and Key Responsibilities
The Facilities Consultant will be responsible for delivering the following key pieces of work:
• A review of current facilities management procedures.
• Updating and documenting new facilities management procedures.
• Ensuring appropriate Safety, Health and Environmental standards are achieved.
• Planning and implementing larger building maintenance work with appropriate contractors.
• Carrying out basic maintenance tasks including painting, joinery, changing lightbulbs, and cleaning at height.
• To be a key holder, regularly opening and securing the building – including out of office hours on occasion.
• To comply with relevant WHALE Arts Agency policies.
Job descriptions cannot be exhaustive and the post-holder may, from time-to-time, be required to undertake other duties, which are broadly in line with the above key responsibilities.
• Experience of facilities management processes
• Knowledge and understanding of Health and Safety legislation in community spaces.
• Experience of dealing with trades/contractors.
• Ability to work in a team and also self-motivate without supervision.
• Practical experience of carrying out maintenance tasks including painting, woodwork, working at height, changing lightbulbs
• Excellent timekeeping.
• Competent with Microsoft Office programmes especially Word and Excel, and e-mail.
• Strong communication and people skills.
• Electrical and Plumbing knowledge advantageous
• Experience of working in a community organisation.
Interested parties should apply in writing or by email, enclosing/attaching;
• An up to date CV detailing relevant education and employment experience.
• A covering letter demonstrating how your skills meet the requirements of the role and person specification.
• Details of two referees, including at least one previous employer.
Applications should arrive at WHALE Arts Agency no later than 12:00 (midday) on Wednesday 10th January 2018.
Allan Farmer, Director
WHALE Arts Centre
30 Westburn Grove
0131 458 3267