Volunteer Role: Baker’s Assistant
Volunteer Link Worker: Baker
Location: WHALE Arts Centre
Hours of Volunteering: Thursdays 12pm-4pm
The Volunteer Bakery Assistant will be available every Thursday afternoon to help WHALE Arts Baker produce delicious and nutritious baked goods for the community. They will assist in the running of our kitchen/bakery set up, with tasks such as weighing, preparing ingredients, following recipes, cake decoration, cleaning utensils, etc
They will require:
- A sensitive and calm approach
- Good communication skills
- To comply with health & safety standards, strict hygiene procedures, and food safety laws
- No experience needed
- Assist with cakes, biscuits and other baked goods preparation
- Assist with cleaning/dishwashing
- Following COVID-19 guidelines for working inside
- Full training for this role and an induction into the organisation will be given.
- Level 2 Food Hygiene Certificate training will be paid for by the organisation to fulfil the role.
- Any other relevant training and opportunities may be arranged with the link worker and volunteer coordinator.
All volunteers are entitled to claim reasonably incurred travel expenses, whilst carrying out their role.
Boundaries of Role: To work within Whale Arts policies and procedures outlined in the volunteer agreement, including code of conduct, GDPR and confidentiality.
To apply for the role or for further Information please contact WHALE Arts:
Phone: 0131 458 3267