Mind – a great guide to Coronavirus with lots of support and links to further help (click here for access)
Samaritans – Call 116 123 for 24/7 free advice (click here for access)
Parent Club – advice on how to help families cope, working from home with kids, health advice, parenting advice and suggestions for things to do as a family(click here for access)
Parenting courses designed to help you manage your child’s behaviour (click here for access)
Age Scotland Helpline – Call 0800 12 44 222 for free confidential advice and friendship open Monday – Friday, 9am-5pm. For anyone aged 50 years and over (click here to access)
- for anyone under 19 years old
- free and open 24/7
- Call 0800 1111
- chat online too, or on the app (click here for access)
- for young people who would like help or support
- free helpline and open 7 days a week, 4pm-11pm
- Call 0808 808 4994
- live message online 4pm-11pm themix.org.uk
- crisis text line open 24/7 – text THEMIX to 85258
- See https://www.themix.org.uk
- for anyone in Scotland over 16 feeling low, anxious or depressed
- call free on 0800 83 85 87
- open Monday-Thursday 6pm-2am, and weekends from 6pm Friday to 6am Monday
Headspace – Meditation has been shown to help people stress less, focus more and even sleep better. Headspace is meditation made simple (click here)
BBC – How to protect your mental health during Coronavirus (click here to access)
Big Hearts – A range of helpline services available as below:
(click here to access)
Kinship Care Helpline: 0131 603 4927
Open 10am-4pm, Mon-Thu.
Advice on parenting strategies, peer support & service referrals for local kinship care families.
The Changing Room at Hearts: 0131 603 4929
Open 10:30am-3pm, Mon-Thu.
Mental health support, wellbeing info and regular peer support in partnership with SAMH.
Community Helpline: 0131 603 4928
Open 10am-4pm, Mon-Fri.
Social connection & advice for participants and volunteers at risk of loneliness & poverty.